Sunday, August 17, 2008

Somedays, I don't really want to be the queen...

I relented and took my daughter the princess, shopping yesterday. Our first stop was Ross Dept. Store. Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways. 5 ts for her under 7 bucks and 1 lamp shade for me under 6$ Hellmart has the same one for 10$ This one is actually nicer, cloth instead of cardboard. Suck my toe Devil.

Then it was over to the mall, narrowing escaping Old Navy...whew. Little did I know of the horrors that were in front of me.

Walking through the mall, I wondered how in the world so many parents had become zombie clones of their children? This is wrong to me on so many levels. Parents are supposed to be the example. Parents are supposed to teach the children manners, common sense, good judgement, human decency. Adults are here to lead, not to follow. I am not a perfect parent by far, but I do not feel the need to be my teenage children's peer/friend. I prefer to be their Mother and guide.

Zombie moms please remember what has been seen, can not be unseen. Please pull up your jeans and if you must wear that little t-shirt, head on over to Penny's and invest in a good bra. They are usually 2 for 1. Love, the living

We were out of the mall very quickly. She knew where she wanted to go, got a ten$ off coupon if you tried on jeans...bingo! It all ended quickly and mostly painless. I'd just like to give a "shout out" to "Steph, the sunpac clerk" she was awesome, at least that's what she said.

We then headed to Academy for tennis shoes. We were looking at them at the mall, when Jordan woke up and announced they were 20$ cheaper at Academy. She immediately went back into trance right after. Jordan reminds me of a coo coo clock. Anyway, it was enough to convince me. The sports store was better in the regard to parents. No one was southern fried zombied. My faith was somewhat restored. It was restored enough to forget about it and go into complete shock that someone would spend 48$ on 9 pairs of sports booties for a teenage girl. Even if I could afford to do that, I would not. The six pack at Hellmart for 5.99$ will do just fine for the likes of us. The dog's just going to carry it off in his mouth anyway.

Academy also gave me the chance to look at Hammocks. Thank goodness for Coo-coo clocks. I'm going to have a hammock some day, hanging between the big Elms. I'll lay in it facing my garden, all will be right with the world, at least for awhile.

The bank sent me a letter informing me I had one last car payment, thank you for all that interest you paid us, it was a pleasure screwing you letter on Thursday. I was so happy, I cried. I celebrated with an 11$ bottle of wine and Chinese food. Now, it's off to figure out how that extra money will be used. Mostly towards my house....I can't wait to pay it off, or at least get the payment down a bit. No PMI, sure would be a lovely thing. Then I can start saving for the El Camino that I'm going to drive off into the sunset in. When we do finally drive off together, he'll be all mine.

Thanks for stoppin by the ol' place. I've got to lay a coat of wax on this old bar now, let me know if you need anything, I'll just be right over there.

4 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Sounds like my crew the week before school started. And silly me waited to accomplish all the school supply hunting/gathering on the tax-free weekend. What was I thinking?!? It was a total zoo at every store--like the week before Christmas without Bing Crosby.

Anonymous said...

Well you did good Cow Punk. You didn't go to Wally. Now you have the little Punks at school, and Mr. Moore will be there. Everything seems good here Cow Punk.
Love
xo
Liz

foolery said...

My kidlets aren't quite old enough yet to have to do the school shopping thing. At least, they haven't figured it out yet. :)

Off to start my (long, tiring, back-breaking, Thank-GAHHHH-It's-Finally-Here) WEEKEND. May yours be grand!

-- Swams

cow punk said...

Well, thanks all of you for stoppin in, I was feeling a little blue.

Miz Foolery, you just wait honey, the horrors of school shopping are, well they blow my mind and after 20 years with children, there's not much left to blow.