Friday, August 29, 2008

Enter at your own risk

So, I'm supposed to be cleaning and dusting, vacuuming and polishing, washing and warberling...no wait, no warberling, that's for later. Anyway, I don't WANT to do any of those things. I WANT to sit here and drink my wine and clear my mind. But you see, I have company coming tomorrow, I've just found cob webs in my cabinet where I keep all the necessities of life (garlic triscuits, chips, bread for peanut butter and jelly sammiches, ramen noodles, etc, etc), I think cobwebs mean I have not had enough of the necessities and this will HAVE to change and soon. But when gas costs 3 zillion $ per gallon somethings gotta go the way side. Oh and I'm leaving tomorrow and not coming back until Monday afternoon. This means I will not have time to follow my normally scheduled drudgery. I am off to the lake, swimming, boats, 3 wheelers, motorcycles, and fun for a change. Right now I'm wondering what one takes to the lake, a swim suit obviously, but what else? I am not a lake person but now dating a person who is. And dating is that really the right word? I'm not sure yet.

So, I have baseball, politics and getting the hell out of dodge on my mind tonight. Both candidates reek of desperation. I don't like either of them and am sorely disappointed that out of millions of people this is the best we get. Baseball because my team is actually winning this year. I can't say more as I am terribly superstitious that it might all change if I brag about it. So just once: GO CUBBIES!!!! Can you sense the desperation?

While, I'm still tending bar here, I just wanted to thank Miss Foolery for stopping in for an ale, I'm sure glad she found her way here. And thank you too if you have found your way here...and apologies to all in advance.

Say good night Gracie

Good night Gracie

Love,
Cow Punk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nite Gracie. Get off the lake now. It's Tuesday. I will locate some bovine photos just for you. It will ease you back from your mini vaca as I call them.
Love
Liz