Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mexican dresses

I noticed something last weekend when I was getting my Chinese food from the little strip mall that's been there since the dawn of time and I keep forgetting to mention it. Since I'm sitting here waiting for Hot teacher to call and finalize the wedding plans, I thought I could mention it now.

There is a Mexican clothing boutique around the corner from the Chinese place ( we're really international here in Tulsy town) anyway, I first noticed all the really beautiful, brightly colored dresses, then I noticed how big all the mannequins in the window were. I wondered where the proprietors of this shop had managed to find them. I concluded they came from Mexico where women are still allowed to have curves. I might go in there sometime as I have curves (yes, this might be a nice way of saying I carry a little weight or maybe not, you'll never know) I'm thinking I might actually find a pair of jeans that fit in this little shop. That would be lovely.

So not really, Hot teacher who will (maybe, I say maybe because I like this moniker and he is hot) now and forever be called by his name, which is Gil, Gil, is not calling to finalize wedding plans, we just met a month ago and just had our first date last Sunday. I'm crazy cool, but more cool than crazy, if ya know what I mean. He's actually calling to finalize our lunch plans for tomorrow. Although, I am not opposed to marrying him, now, right now and I have had a sever allergic reaction to anything that might remotely have to do with marriage, for the last 14 years. My friend Jen, is always sending me pictures of wedding cakes, dresses, place to get married....she wasn't even getting married and looking at dresses. WTF? I'm happy to report she is now engaged and she is in her own words, just today, STUPENDOUS. I had doubts about her future husband, but now I am simply just happy for her. I think this might be the first time in 7 years that she and I have both been happy at the same time.

My oldest son, who is named Zacary (see, I told you trendy and misspelled i blame it on the morphine) just came and told me he was down to 244lbs. Now this might seem a lot to some of you but since Trendy Misspelled was one topping the scales at almost 300, it is really quite a triumph for him. TM has just gotten his second real girl friend and he is almost 20 years old. Her name is Jasmine, which is what I wanted to name my daughter. Things are good in TM's world.

What else am I musing about? I'll tell you oompa loompas. Yep, that's it. Gil and I have a mutual acquaintance. He had not seen her in a while and about the same time I was saying she looks like an OL, he was asking if she still looked like an OL. Sad and mean I know, but if you knew this person and the hatefulness that pores out of her orange skin, you would totally understand.

Well, I've gotta go see a man about a horse, so ya'll kick back, have a drink or a dilly bar and I'll see ya on the flip side.

Love,
Cow punk

3 comments:

foolery said...

Big congratulations to TM. That's quite an accomplishment. Whatever he did to kickstart the process is what I need to do. Standing up would help.

:)

cow punk said...

that's the exact advice I gave him...stand up :) He loves the pc and rarely moves from it unless made to.

He also did the unthinkable and got a job, good thing too, he's 20 for God's sake, I was over it.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post Miss Cow Punk? You know, I bought a Mexican sombrero, but it doesn't look good with most of my wardrobe. It's very large. I usually wear it to the Pig. I need some jeans from the Mexican shop. My butt is expanding.
Good luck with the boys. Boys are so hard headed.
Oh well, this reply is so out of date. Just cruising yo hood.