Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bras, cops, smiles and a lot of confusion

All that talk of bras yesterday and I didn't buy a single one. Not one. None fit. I did however come across a cop shopping for bras. She was a 36D, she said she was also having a hard time finding one to fit. I said aren't we lucky and she said she couldn't complain, she'd made it that way. Great, cops with boob jobs, I feel so much safer. Of course, they might save her someday. I guess it's back to Hellmart for me. I saw a bra there last week I loved. Go figure.

Then of course there was the Burka wearing girl at Victoria's Secrets. That just really blew my mind. A shop full of skivvies and this girl is covered from head to toe. It seemed a bit hypocritical, is that word I'm looking for? I had an urge to ask her if she was wearing VS under that 50 lbs of robe. I suppressed the urge. She seemed like a very nice girl and the only sales clerk to actually speak to me. I also suppressed the urge to spend 50 bucks on a bra.

This is a true story. I have a friend who is over weight, she went in to VS to shop for a friend and the sales girl (who was not wearing a burka) asked her to leave as she was a distraction to the skinny customers and they had nothing for her anyway. So I guess the moral of the story is VS is discriminatory of fat people but not religion? Hmmm.

I did buy some outrageously expensive make-up. Prescriptives? I think. It's just tinted moisturizer. I don't know why it costs so much. I told the girl at the counter I was very confused by make up and she said, Oh, I see that. What? I walked away. Buuuuuuuut, I came back, because I love Estee Lauder and this is Estee Lauder for people with weirdo skin (and because as usual I couldn't get anyone to help me at the Clinique counter, which was ok, because I remembered while waiting I really didn't like Clinique moisterizer anyway) . Make up girl looked as if she might be a bit confused about make up as well, so I forgave her. Plus she gave me some free stuff and I always dig free stuff. This make up better be a magic elixir for the price.

What surprised me most yesterday is how friendly everyone was. Christmas rush, everyone is broke and in a frenzy, yet there were smiles every where. Very nice, it warms this Ebeneezer Scrooge heart of mine.

I finished the day with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid...one of my all time faves, well really anything with Paul Newman is my favorite. I think there are not enough words in any language to describe how fantastically awesome I think he is.

Well, I'm out, I need to clean, clean so I can drag all the pretty Christmas deco out and make another mess :-)~

Love,
Cow Punk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why hello Miss Cow Punk. I would like a shot of crown. I'm just trying to catch up on yer blog. Sounds as if you're doing fine, and pondering. That's what I like about you. You ponder with the best of them. I don't know what it all means, Cow Punk..the VS girl in a burka and the hateful one that only sells to skinny people. Sounds as if she should be told where to stick up the push up.
Well, you know, I would stay longer, but would end up writing a little book or at least a leaflet.
I'll be back soon to pay my tab.
Love xoxo
Alias Bar Fly Jones

Anonymous said...

Oh, and one more comment. As I was leaving, I noticed that my new captcha word would have been sushie. I thought that it looked festive. Like the art that you eat, type of sushi. At least that's what I read at a Japanese restaurant. The little placard read, "Sushi.. art that you eat.' That's not right. What if one were to take that as cue to try eat fine art? I've never had art for lunch and don't intend to. (Unless I get the munchies and there are no crayons to chew on) Although, I guess that if it weren't lead based art, well, to each her own.
Love Ya
xo
Liz

cow punk said...

Miss Jones, hello! I'm so glad you came by. I've missed you, it's left me so much time to ponder since you've been gone, maybe too much time? I seem to be getting myself in to pondersome trouble. Please come by more often and as usual the drinks are on the house!